Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Well the little Brabant resin has arrived, and I have to say, I am super impressed with the detail packed into this small guy!


I had a box waiting for me at home - I haven't seen one of these for awhile!



Oh the memories this brings back!


Mummified pony!!!



So cute!! I do apologize for the TERRIBLE phone photo's, unfortunately the camera we have is packed away and without batteries at the moment, and well, fading light... But the detail in this guy is incredible!! The photo's the artist took of the resin just do not do this guy justice at all.


He even has little hair details on his flank!!This makes me super excited to pull out my new size 0 paint brush and dive in there for that hair by hair detail for his roaning.


A quick snap with his new laminated breed-information card which will travel back to the US with him to his owner.


And here he is, joining Raajah and Mini Darcy on my table - he will be the priority above the other two now, they will be sales pieces in the future, but the commission always takes first spot.

Prepping will begin now, and hopefully I can get some good weather on the weekend to prime this guy and get some base work done on him.

Photo spam over with for now -- hopefully some painting updates will start to leak in soon!

No comments: