Thursday, March 9, 2017

I haven't had a commission in the studio for a long time, mostly because of moving to another country, and the fact that I got burnt out and burnt pretty badly the last time I opened my commission books. I worked out that I can't have a bench of commissions staring me down waiting to be painted - it's just not something I can handle.

So I closed my books.

Now that I've moved, settled in (mostly) to a new country, I put the feelers out for a trade deal to get some of Sarah Mink's LOVELY Connemara models which she sculpted for Breyer in my hot little hands.

I now have my first commission in over 8 years making his way across that there pond over yonder, and heading his way down south to the land of the hobbits. And I will say, I am super excited about this little guy. He's a Brabant resin, stablemate scale, and when his owner said they wanted a roan done on him? Well, it was a deal.




The resin? "Cumulonimbus", sculpted by Anna Dobrowolska-Oczko - and the guy on the right is my inspiration for the coloration. I love my bay roans, they are a weakness. And I love the way this guy has roaning down the front of his face!


The Brabant, such a gorgeous breed:





Really do love these big draft breeds. I could drool over their pictures all day.

I will be posting pictures as I go on this boy, and of course, on the Rajah resin as well - I will no doubt be doing the same base coat on both these beauties, and then doing the roaning on the commission first.

I am also setting up my stream to be able to stream the painting of these resins as well - so if you haven't already, check out my stream at: http://www.twitch.tv/sophistique02 and look out for when I do a "Creative" stream. I currently stream gaming on there, but I will be doing some creative/art stuff as well in the very near future.

If you want to know when I go live, and what I'll be streaming - then follow me on twitter: http://www.twitter.com/sophistique02


On a side note: Want to know how excited I am about this guy? I've already done a reference card for his new owner if they so choose to use it for showing:




Even nicely laminated as well :) Just part of the new service I will offer (along with an artist CoA for the paint work) for my work!


Until next time - have fun painting and customizing!

No comments: